A glimpse at the goings on of the operation responsible for bringing you the irregularly published comics reportage anthology, SYNCOPATED.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Hopeless Jottings

*This isn't really associated with SYNCOPATED in any way (aside form the fact that I'm responsible for it), but I'll post it here anyway, for lack of a better, more familiar venue.

I created this character, Despondent Duck, a while back. Over the past couple of years, I've put together a few mini comics featuring the duck, and hand-sold them at shows. I don't think I need to worry about him eclipsing SYNCOPATED necessarily, but good ol' Despondent Duck has become quite popular in his own right. I think I can attribute this popularity to the instant accessibility of stand-alone, cheap mini comics.

Anyway, the page below originally appeared in the 2005 SPX anthology. I recently colored it and created high-quality Ink-jet prints of it to sell last June at the MoCCA Art Fest.



Further postings on Despondent Duck to follow...

- Brendan

1 Comments:

Blogger Strutter71 said...

Ah, good ol' Despondent Duck. Cracks me up every time.

12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home