A glimpse at the goings on of the operation responsible for bringing you the irregularly published comics reportage anthology, SYNCOPATED.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Further Hopelessness

As promised, a bit more on Despondent Duck...

Despondent Duck is sort of an homage to many of the old comic strips that I adore. I continue to love the simple nature of a lot of the old syndicated newspaper comic strips of seventy-five, or even a hundred years ago. Often times, these strips would be able to survive on a very simple premise or variations of that premise. I my case, every Despondent Duck relies on his hopeless outlook on the ins and outs of everyday living.

The piece below is just me addressing the speculation around my creation's possible autobiographical leanings.



I'll try to post more Despondent Duck material in the future, but I don't want it to dominate this blog -- Maybe if it's warranted, good ol' Mr. Duck will get his own home on the web...

- Brendan

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool. I like your strips a lot.

12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home